We're Here to Help
In your work as a professional advisor, you value professionalism, integrity and honesty, taking the utmost care when serving your clients. As a nonprofit organization, we share your values and take the same care in helping our donors plan charitable gifts to Mayo Clinic. Like the relationship you’ve built with your clients over time, the Mayo Clinic Office of Gift Planning is also based on a long-standing tradition of trust. At Mayo Clinic, we aim to help legal, tax and financial advisors like you design and implement their clients’ philanthropic financial and estate plans.
Mayo Clinic has a team of philanthropic professionals to help you find the perfect solution whether you have a client who needs year-end tax benefits, a business owner who wants to leave a legacy, a family with a complicated tax status, or anything in between. In partnership with you, we can easily transition your clients’ more complicated assets — such as stock, real estate or personal wealth — to meaningful philanthropic support.
Benefits of Working With Us
- Knowledgeable staff committed to the benefactor’s best interest.
- Wide variety of gifts accepted.
- Expert charitable investment management. In fact, Mayo Clinic consistently outperforms peer nonprofits in achieving a higher-than-average return on philanthropic investments.
Services We Offer
- On-site visits with you and your client.
- Estate planning assistance.
- Comprehensive gift calculations tailored to your client.
- Guidance choosing the right gift vehicle for your client.
- Economical and effective alternatives to a private foundation.
- Ability to handle complex gifts such as stock, real estate and tangible personal property.
Tools For You
Legal name: Mayo Clinic
Federal tax ID number: 41-6011702
Located at: 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905
Sample Bequest Language:
"I give, devise and bequeath to Mayo Clinic, a Minnesota charitable corporation and a qualified 501(c)(3) organization, located in Rochester, Minnesota, Federal Tax ID number 41-6011702, the sum of _________ (or % of my estate), (or other personal property herein described) to be used for its general programs in medical education and research as it shall determine."
Charitable Gift Annuity and Charitable Trust Gift Illustrator
Real Estate Gift Application
Charitable Gift Annuity Application
Charitable Trust Application
Partner With Us
We understand that gifts to charities such as Mayo Clinic can be an important part of your clients' overall financial and estate plans. That's why we're committed to working with you to ensure your clients find the charitable arrangements that best meet their needs. We believe charitable planning is a process that ideally involves the donor, professional advisors and our gift planning staff — all working together to arrange the best gift possible.
Please contact us to request a free Partners in Philanthropy Kit to learn more about how we can help you connect your clients with Mayo Clinic’s mission.