The Power of a Simple Gift
One of the easiest and most common ways for you to support Mayo Clinic is with a gift of cash. Cash can be used to support our work in the form of:
An outright gift. By making a cash gift by check, credit card or setting up an automatic transfer from your bank account today, you enable Mayo Clinic to meet our most urgent needs and carry out our mission on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to see your generosity in action and will also receive a federal income tax charitable deduction when you itemize on your taxes.
A payable on death (POD) account. A POD bank account or certificate of deposit names one or more persons or charities as the beneficiary of all funds once you, the account owner, pass away. The beneficiary you name has no rights to the funds until after your lifetime. Until that time, you remain in control and are free to use the money in the bank account, change the beneficiary or close the account.
There are several other ways to make cash donations as part of the gift types below. To learn more, explore the links below.
Ways to Use Cash
- A gift in your will or living trust.
- A charitable gift annuity.
- A charitable remainder trust.
- A charitable lead trust.
- A donor advised fund.
- Memorial and tribute gifts.
- An endowed gift.
Get Your Free Guide
You can make a big difference with just a little effort by including a gift to benefit Mayo Clinic your will or living trust. Learn more in our free kit Transforming Care With a Gift to Mayo Clinic.
Not Sure How to Begin Planning?
This comprehensive estate planning kit will help you protect loved ones, organize everything in on place and save on taxes.Download My Kit
- Contact the Mayo Clinic Office of Gift Planning at 800-297-1185 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on giving a gift of cash.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include Mayo Clinic in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal name: Mayo Clinic
Address: 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905
Federal tax ID number: 41-6011702